FlyInside is affected by settings stored in several files. There is a shortcut in the FlyInside folder in the Start menu for a simple reset of FlyInside settings. There are other settings in other files, unaffected by this reset though. Clearing out these settings to get a fresh configuration can often fix common issues.
To navigate to the "AppData\Roaming" folder or "AppData\Local" folder you can press "WindowsKey+R" to bring up the Run dialog. Enter %AppData% or %LocalAppData% respectively. Press enter to open the folder.
- In C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside\
- settings_pro_FlyInside FSX_settings.ini/settings_pro_FlyInside P3D_settings.ini - These settings store your control bindings, FlyInside settings, and license. If you accidentally set controls which you are unable to use, clearing out these files will restore you to a default state
- Other ini and bak files. These store information on shaders and virtual windows. Clearing these out can solve certain crashes, and an inability to find virtual cockpit windows
- In C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE, C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2, C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
- Most simulator settings are stored in FSX_FlyInside.cfg or Prepar3D_FlyInside.cfg. If your simulator is giving you double vision or failing to start, clearing these files may help
- If you delete the _FlyInside.cfg they will inherit default settings from FSX.cfg or Prepar3D.cfg. You may need to delete all .cfg files to fix certain problems
- Cameras.cfg contains camera information. Certain camera add-ons make changes to cameras.cfg which are incompatible with FlyInside. Disabling add-ons and then deleting Cameras.cfg can solve camera problems
- In C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2, C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
- Various cached data is stored here, including cached shaders. Clearing out these folders can solve some crashes.